Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 5-Stupid, stupid, stupid.

We'll, the verdict is in. 10 minutes on asphalt in VFF's was too much, too soon. I think I got snookered into thinking that because I had the 5 Fingers on that I could step it up a bit. Dumb. Left foot is fine, but the metatarsals on the right are not. They are not awful, but definitely worse than before. Arrggh. It is so hard to just go REALLY slow.

It had me thinking today, what is the point of all of this? I don't particularly want to be a barefoot runner only when it is all said and done. I just want to strengthen my feet and improve my running form so that I land much more softly. Truthfully, I just want to be able to run again and not get hurt. Depending on how my feet feel tomorrow, I may have to modify how long I go without shoes. Yesterday was dumb. Why do I do so many dumb things? On the up side, the outside of the 5th metatarsals are doing great. Some good, some bad. We'll see what is up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment