Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 4

Today I went without conventional shoes almost for the entire day. Walked to work in bare feet again and jogged home in my shoes. Wore the Vibrams for most of the rest of the day when not going barefoot at home. Probably walked 1.5 miles or more in them when we went to a parade, then jogged in them later in the evening on asphalt. Really just concentrating on relaxing my feet and landing lightly. I very much expected that I would've completely screwed up my feet with that one. Interestingly, they feel pretty decent. I wouldn't have wanted to go any more than the 10 minutes that I did, and I'm pretty sure that I would've really messed things up if I would've run for 15 or 20 minutes. I guess the proof will be tomorrow.

A couple of observations:
1. Any time you put something on your feet it allows one to walk a little more on the heel. In bare feet this isn't very comfortable over the long haul. So, I at least walk more lightly landing like I run or jog in bare feet.

2. My wife thinks I'm crazy at this point. I have been banished from trouncing around the house after walking home on asphalt until I have washed my feet. Probably for good reason.

3. Vibrams are not very inconspicuous and really don't go with any of the clothes I own. Perhaps fire engine red was not the best color to choose.

Until tomorrow, or maybe later if I forget to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment